Sunday, June 27, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I reached home last night (flight delayed for one hour). Immediately coming back from Singapore I rushed to Chung Ling Alumni for the celebration of Dumpling Festival. Yun Yao and Yun Xun had gone for a camp organised by their school. We were late to the function but fortunately still had food for us – mother-in-law, Joon Ling, Zi Yi and I.

Normally Sundays are rest days for most people but I don’t have such luxury. I had to attend the Annual General Meeting of Centre for Malaysian Chinese Studies this morning. After lunch, as Honourary Secretary I had to organise Council Meeting for Chung Ling Alumni.

After coming back from these two social activities, now is time to drop a few lines on this blog…

I wish to record my first day in Singapore. After I registered my attendance for ICA conference, I received a call from Tuan Syed (the way I use to address YBhg Prof Dato’ Sri Dr Syed Arabi Idid for more than 20 year). We met at Pan Pacific Hotel that next to Suntec just before he left for Bangi Airport. Besides working on the present research project in Public Relations, he expressed his intention to embark on another project that we had worked on before, i.e. to relook on a theory that we examined exactly 20 years ago.

Eager to know what this project is? We shall tell you in near future. I have the confidence it will materialise as Tuan Syed always proudly admits that I have never failed him…

No comments:

Post a Comment